Friday 26 April 2013

Question 7 -



For the preliminary task, the group and I had to create a one minute clip using any genre we wanted. The genre the group and I decided to go for was Murder. We used non-diegetic sound in order to build the tension so the group and I decided to use 'Bangarang' by Skrillex because that particular song matched the action on screen. We also included the final edit 'The rule of thirds'. The 180 degree rule was used in the conversation scene to establish that we crossed the line during the conversation was still on going. Also, we used a shot-reverse-shot during the conversation scene to show both of the actors perspectives and as well as the match on shot. The match on shot was used when one of the actors opens the door and then shown the other side of the door walking in.

 For our final film, a Teacher with nowhere to go chooses a way out rather than facing up to the reality of his bleak,dejecting and heartbreaking situation.


Mr Swanson, The Main Character who eventually hangs himself because he is so fed up of the struggle of living a normal life without being bullied or humiliated by a certain student(Jake Patient).

Jake Patient,A 15 year old boy who lives on a council estate.He is a particularly fat,nasty student who takes pleasure in making Mr Swanson's life a living hell. 

Mr Butterfield, headmaster of the school, he deliberately shows a lack of respect for Derek because he is incapable of managing a class.

Who? Mr Swanson, Jake Patient and Mr Butterfield
What? Mr Swanson  kills himself because he cannot cope with the stress of being a teacher
Where? A School called Bishop Conran
When? Modern Day 
Why? To make people more aware of the fact that teachers need more support from others such as senior members of staff.


Blogger: This program allowed me to place all of work and express my work. This program was like a diary that allowed me to express what I wanted to achieve in my final edit. It also allowed me to import images, moodboards, music and clips of example work which helped me to find camera angles and use them in my edit and find out how they would effect my work.

Prezi: This program showed me to present information in a different creative way about my film, also examples of ideas that i may of had such as, camera angles, music, images and artists.

Garageband: This program allowed me to analyze music and rearrange parts that made a slow entrance and a louder middle part to the film which made my edit flow with the clips that I put in.

Go Animate: Using Go animate is a different way of presenting a post/question. The program was creative in displaying information which we could put video's and images in and annotate with text.

Camera angles: We used certain camera angles such as, over the shoulder shots to create a different way of displaying our edit that made it more creative. Also shot reverse shot and 180 degrees pan of showing showing landscape of London.

Apple macs: We used apple mac computers as they were the best way of editing with clips together. Also they allowed us to blend music and titles together. Also we were allowed access to other programs such as garageband and final cut, which an ordinary computer wouldn't have.





No comments:

Post a Comment