Friday 26 April 2013

Audience Research



Our film fits the genre of social realism and Drama. Most social realism films deal with tough and often raw subjects in society. Subjects such as: gang culture, drugs and sexual abuse. Our film only deals with lighter subjects such as the Bullying and Alcoholism. However our film does contain some graphic content and deals with a few adult subjects, I believe our film can be rated 18+. Our film is similar to Waterloo Road and also Byker Grove because our film doesn't shy away from the gritty stuff such as Alcoholism.




(The amount views Waterloo has)


Waterloo Road (Main target audience)

When I was looking at the proposed audience for my piece I realized that I had no idea of what to do to decide on my Audience so I researched the audiences for Waterloo road and went from there as a base. The television show Waterloo Road's Audience's are families but however we thought we would change this as our show is not suitable for young children as it contains scenes of a distressing kind. Also we knew that the reason why Waterloo Road was so popular as a family show collecting over 5.1m viewers every time it is filmed is that it is designed for the particular audience of families whereas our production is aimed at 18+ audiences. I also posted a Survey in order to find out the majority of the audience's details so we could decide on the age range for the audience as well as the 
particular sub-audience we are targeting and what they are into.













No comments:

Post a Comment